Erica, your CIDNA Board Chair, here, sharing a special e-news message with you as we enter the last month of 2023. Since you’ve been reading these bi-weekly updates, you probably know about the many ways that CIDNA works hard each year to put on events, build community, and keep our neighborhood thriving. The Board and I are proud of this work, and we hope you’ll join us in supporting it so that we continue initiatives like these…
Some of the recent offerings include:
- Co-sponsoring the Ward 7 City Council Forum
- Events at South Cedar Beach including live music and a summer solstice event with activities for children
- Initiated and supported the beautiful mural on the side of the restroom at South Cedar Beach
- Contributed $5,000 towards the establishment of the North High School Foundation – North High School is now our neighborhood high school
- First ever neighborhood-sponsored Happy Hour
Ongoing events and annual activities:
- Engaged with Met Council on behalf of neighborhood regarding the SWLRT disruptions and damages
- Coordination with neighbors and the Minneapolis Park Board to maintain the gardens at Park Siding Park
- Fall Festival which draws over 200 neighbors and recently expanded to include live music
- Create and deliver May Day baskets to all residents of Jones-Harrison
- Annual Holiday mART on Small Business Saturday
All of CIDNA’s work is volunteer driven and we are happy to be able to offer all activities and events free of charge to our neighbors. Your support can help make this possible by providing the needed supplement to the funds provided by the City, which has, unfortunately, been reduced in recent years.
Thank you for being a part of our community!
Erica Solomon Collins
CIDNA Board Chair
P.S. I’d love to have a chance to get to know you and hear about your ideas for the neighborhood. Please consider attending our next Board meeting (2nd Wednesday of each month) at Jones-Harrison–or email me anytime at Erica.Solomon@cidna.org.